Happy St. Patty Day Tips
While we know many of you celebrated this past weekend perhaps you’re still recovering! we hope you also make it out for the Official St. Patrick’s day festivities this Thursday, March 17th 2016, We have several tips to make your celebration a hit. Feel free to keep these in mind for this week or save our tips for next year!
St. Patrick Day Music
An absolute must coming from us musicians of course- please go somewhere and enjoy live music! Most venues and restaurant’s websites list their live entertainment for St. Patrick’s day and if that isn’t your thing, there are many cultural centers in the city to take advantage of for live music such as the Irish American Heritage Center!
- While we know a beer may be the first thing on your mind, don’t forget to follow it up (immediately to avoid a hangover!) with some traditional Irish cuisine! Corned beef and cabbage, shepherd’s pie, Irish soda bread- what’s your favorite dish? Our mouths are watering just thinking about it! Oh, and don’t forget plenty of water to assure you’re feeling good the following day!
- Make sure to take a few St. Patrick’s Day pictures! With all of the celebrations throughout the years (and the beer that goes along with them!) it can be easy to forget what fun thing you did with friends/family. Document and share these moments, they are so much fun to look back on!
- Take advantage of the different parades and activities offered in the city (this is a tip for next year seeing how Chicago’s festivities were the weekend before St. Patrick’s day this year!) From the green Chicago River to the South Side parade, you can be guaranteed to have a fun packed weekend in Chicago.
- While we would argue Chicago is the place to be and in fact it did make the top 10 list of best cities to celebrate St. Patrick’s day in the US, according to niche.com if you do feel like getting away, here are some other cities in the top 10 you may want to check out ranking from least popular to most popular St. Louis, Cleveland, Kansas City, Savannah, Philadelphia, Buffalo NY, Quad Cities, Boston, and Pittsburg.
- Lastly, please be safe. With all of the various modes of transportation available to us, it would be a shame to put your life and the lives of others at risk. As we all know to well, meeting a group of friends just for brunch in the morning can turn into an all day party. Take a cab, an uber, the train, whatever you have to do. Plus, have you tried driving and parking in the city that day? Trust us, drinking or not drinking you’ll be happy you don’t have to deal with that. If you do decide to avoid drinking and choose to drive a car, please keep in mind that although you’re making a safe choice unfortunately not everyone else is. Be alert and keep your awareness level high in regard to other cars, walkers, and bikers.