Winter Activities for Our Couples
Whether you have a lull in your wedding planning or you’re one of these Chicagoans that hibernates at home during these cold winter months, we thought you could use some ideas to get yourself out of the house and enjoy some fun together before your big day arrives!
- Head to Starbucks or a local coffee shop, order a warm drink and research your honeymoon! What could get you out of a winter funk more than to dream about white sandy beaches, sunset cruises, or an amazing adventure to look forward to together!
- Quick local getaway! Even driving to Lake Geneva, New Buffalo area, or Galena for one night can break up the pace of winter. There are plenty of resorts nearby with wonderful spa treatments to help you pamper yourself!
- Cozy up in a restaurant/bar with a fireplace. Pack a deck of cards or a wedding “to do list” and chat and relax with a drink of your choice. Or do just the opposite, enjoy a tropical drink at a bar like “Three Dots and a Dash” and pretend you’re anywhere but Chicago!
- Adventure seekers? There are plenty of options for skiing or snowboarding nearby just be sure to take care of yourselves so you can both walk safely down the aisle on your big day!
- Check out one of Chicago’s famous museums. or catch an off broadway wedding show like Tony n’ Tina’s wedding Chicago. If you’re like us, perhaps you haven’t visited one since you were a kid on a school field trip. It’s easy to forget that Chicago has some of the top exhibits in the country.
- Enjoy a fun meal…or cook one! There is no shortage of restaurants in Chicago. Get a good deal at a fancy spot during Chicago’s restaurant week (Jan 22- Feb 4) or attend a cooking class at a place like The Chopping Block or The Wooden Spoon!
- Bored at home but don’t want to spend any money? That works too. Check out choosechicago.com or chicagofree.info for some easy ideas to keep you busy without interfering with your wedding budget!
- Re-visit one of the stores you registered at. They are constantly getting in inventory. Perhaps there is something new and fun to add to your list!