Chicago Wedding Songs
There are many aspects of your wedding day that can set the mood for everyone in attendance. Wedding Music is one of your wedding day’s key components that can make the day memorable for everyone. The wedding reception is often kicked off with the wedding entrance songs and the bridal party’s announcement to a well-chosen tune. The guests anxiously sit at their tables, waiting to see the bridal party and the new Mr. and Mrs. The songs you chose for the bridal party entrance can set your entire wedding reception tone.
Reception Entrance Songs
Have you ever been to a wedding with a bridal party entrance song so unusual that you would never have thought of it for a wedding? This could have been a sports-themed song, a hip hop song, rock music, or even a theme song from a T.V. show. Perhaps you have seen a viral internet video of a bridal party doing a fun choreographed dance through the doors of the reception venue. These weddings are likely to conjure an entertaining, playful wedding atmosphere not to be forgotten. If the bride and groom make a grand entrance with a fast-paced song or dance, the guests will likely be enthused to spend the night on the dance floor.
Some brides and grooms and couples make the mistake of choosing a song that they think is fun or unique, but it might not match their personalities. This could make the reception party entrance awkward if the wedding entrance songs have elicited dance moves and the bridal party does not feel comfortable dancing in front of an audience. Suitable wedding party entrance songs for these couples would be something more classic or easily recognizable by everyone. Such songs can still be fun for everyone, and no one has to feel pressured to do anything out of their norm.
Whatever you chose for your wedding party entrance song, keep in mind that this is your chance to introduce and honor your closest friends and family. Most importantly, this is when you will officially announce your marriage to all of your guests, including some that did not make it to the ceremony. Your decision might be based on a song’s fast pace, fun dance options, or romantic lyrics. There are hundreds of tunes to choose from, but you should narrow it down to 15 fantastic bridal party entrance songs and select a song that speaks to you, and you can’t go wrong. It’s time to celebrate that you are married!
Having the emcee introduce the bride for you and your wedding party and walking into your reception is one of the most exciting times of your wedding night. It lets guests know a bit about you and your closest friends/family, and it signifies that the party and celebrating has begun! Time to let go of all of the stress of getting ready, memorizing vows, transportation/posed wedding pictures, and have some fun! Here are our thoughts and tips for choosing the best wedding songs for the entrance of you and your bridal party to make a splash.
- Before we even talk about the top entrance songs or music, please be sure to have your bridal party introduced before you and your fiancé. You want the final moment walking into the reception; it is one of the most exciting times of your night!
- There are a few routes you can take to introductions. You can choose a bridal party entrance song that is fun and recent in the last few years (i.e., Beyonce’s Crazy in Love” or Pharrell’s “Happy,” you can choose a classic song that every one of your guests will recognize from the past, i.e., “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves or “This will Be” (an Everlasting Love) by Natalie Cole, or if you’re having a band you can have them play upbeat instrumental music to set the tone and put more emphasis on the special couple’s entrance. All of these choices are equally great and work well.
- When it comes to choosing the best wedding song for your entrance, put some thought into the timing of things. Is this entrance leading into any other transition- i.e., cake cutting or the first dance? If so, you’ll want to pick an upbeat song that symbolizes all of those moments. If you’re saving a song for those things, then choose something you like but not a song that will take away from the other equally important events in the night.
It can be an intimidating task to search through the many websites that list possible songs. Please keep it simple, choose something that not only speaks to you and your fiancé but the majority of guests, and make it fun but classy. You can’t go wrong. While we feature some of our songs on our website and others we can discuss more with you, here are some top wedding entrance songs in 2015/2016 :
- Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
- Suit and Tie by Justin Timberlake
- Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars
- Good Day Sunshine by The Beatles
- Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5 and Christina Alguilera
- My House by Flo Rida
- Adventures of a Lifetime by Coldplay
- Cake by the Ocean by DNCE
- Sugar by Maroon 5
- All About that Bass by Megan Trainor
- Party For two by Shania Twain
- The Way you look tonight By Frank Sinatra
- Roar By Katy Perry
Best of luck in choosing a wedding entrance song that speaks to you and your bridal party and has all of your guests clapping and anticipating a great night! We are always more than happy to talk more about this topic with you and collaborate with you to choose the best songs for your special night!!